The front door of your house is more than just a door – it’s the grand entrance into your home! Whether it’s you, invited guests or people passing by, your front door is sure to get noticed.
With that said, most of us don’t go to bed at night dreaming of our exterior doors. In fact, many families enter their homes through the garage. Because of this, it’s easy to overlook ongoing problems with the front entrance of the home. But like an old pair of shoes or jeans, there comes a point when a front door has got to go!
What are the signs that it’s time to replace that old front door? Let’s find out!
Out with the Old, In with the New. Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Front Door.
If you haven’t taken a good look at your front door in a while, now is the time to do so. Not only can a new door installation in Arizona enhance the value and aesthetics of your property, but also it can keep you safe. A worn door doesn’t offer nearly the protection it should.
Here are some signs it’s time to replace your exterior door:
- The door does not lock properly. Or maybe it does, but not without some serious effort on your part. You might even be the only one in your home who knows how to get the lock to engage properly. You are living with an unnecessary security risk!
- The door is ugly. (Yes, I went there. And you already know it.) Your door is weathered, worn and/or damaged. Sure, an ugly door can sometimes be refreshed with a coat of paint. But some “ugly” can’t easily be fixed, such as warping or cracking from moisture damage on a wood door, or dings and dents on a metal door.
- The door has become difficult to open and close. The difficulty could be due to “hinge sag,” or structural damage to the door or the door frame. Either way, you know it’s bad when you have already had your daily workout just getting out of your front door.
- The door doesn’t seal properly. If this is true, you already know – you can feel it. For some time, you may have been stuffing towels along the bottom sweep or pressing temporary caulk into drafty openings. You may even see light shining through the gaps in the door frame.
- The door is out of style. When your house was built, your front door was probably very cool. But now, it’s dated, even to the point of being an eyesore. This is not the same as “ugly.” Like corded phones, this door style isn’t coming back!
It’s understandable that we live with our old doors for some time. This is an expensive home upgrade, and probably not something you pay that much attention to. But there is a point of no return, and it’s sooner than you think.
If you don’t love your front door, the time has come to replace it! You deserve to be happy with the look of your home, and you can enjoy a nice return on investment when you go to sell. Plus, installing a new door ensures your home is safe and secure.
You might kick yourself for getting rid of your old pair of jeans or shoes. But you will not regret replacing that old door! To get a free quote on a new front door in Arizona, contact Greco Roman Windows and Doors today.