Windows do more than bring natural light and fresh air into your home – they are also design elements that can enhance the aesthetics of your living spaces. With an array of creative decorative options, you can turn your windows into focal points that reflect your personal style and elevate the overall ambiance of your home.
Let’s explore various decorative options for your replacement windows, making it possible to transform them into beautiful works of art.
Decorative window hardware can elevate the look of your windows. For instance, you can choose the color and material of your locks, hinges, handles and cranks. Metal (steel, brass, aluminum, zinc) is most popular since it’s durable and resistant to weather, but other possible choices include plastic, wood, composite and ceramic.
Window Grilles and Muntins
Window grilles (also known as grids or muntins) are decorative elements that divide a window into smaller panes. They can be made of wood, metal or other materials and come in various patterns, such as colonial, prairie or craftsman style. Grilles do an excellent job of adding architectural interest to any style of home.
Window treatments add beauty and functionality to everyday windows. Some popular choices include:
- Curtains and drapes. Choose from an extensive selection of fabrics, patterns and colors to create a tailored look. You can even buy curtains that block out noise and light.
- Blinds. Venetian blinds, roller blinds and Roman shades offer various options for light control and privacy. You can even have them built into windows and doors.
- Shutters. Interior shutters provide a classic, timeless look and come in various styles, including plantation and café shutters. They offer excellent light control and insulation.
Window film is a versatile decorative option that serves multiple purposes – and it’s economical:
- Privacy. Frosted or decorative window films can obscure the view from the outside while allowing natural light to filter through.
- Sun protection. Some window films are designed to block harmful UV rays, reducing the fading of furniture and flooring.
- Decorative patterns. Window films come in various patterns, from elegant frosted designs to colorful stained glass motifs, allowing you to personalize your windows.
Stained glass windows are a beautiful way to add color and artistic flair to your home. They can be custom-made to match your style and are often used in entryways, transom windows or as decorative accents. Stained glass windows are especially popular in historic homes.
Find the Perfect Windows for Your Home
Windows are the eyes of your home, and with the right decorative options, you can make them truly captivating. Whether you prefer a classic, elegant look or a modern, vibrant style, there are countless ways to enhance your windows’ beauty and functionality. But first, you need the right windows to work with! For a free in-home estimate for replacement windows, contact Greco Roman Windows and Doors today.